Monday, September 13, 2010

New Band Alert: Mysteriana

Monday, September 13, 2010
Digg this

As a conscientious journalist, I cannot in good faith write a full review on this band's new release. I would be far too biased as one of the members is my brother. However, I will preface this by stating that I am very choosy as to what gems will grace my iPod, Stan (yes, I name my favorite electronics).

For the last three days Stan has been giving Mysteriana's self-titled release more play than New Order's back
catalog a sign from the Muse's indeed!

What is most impressive about Mysteriana (pronounced My-steriana) is that the two members, Lance Tyler and Daniel Lomelino, have done everything themselves, including playing all of the instruments. Yet, their sound is full, melodic, haunting and occasionally orchestral.


But, don't take my word for it! If you are a fan of Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Interpol, VAST or Massive Attack, you should definitely give them a listen! Previews of all of their songs are available on their
Web site, or you can download the album at cdbaby.

Post up your favorite track in the comments!

In the meantime, here is Not Here, c/o YouTube. Happy listening!





3 comments:

Emily Dawn said...

It is a great album. I love every song, but I think my favorites are Snooze, Walking the Wire, Forever 17, and Farewell.

Amanda Mitchell said...

Where We Belong & Farewell are my absolute faves. However, the first three tracks must be listened to in order. I love how they segue into one another. Great editing decision! It receives the Official Persnickety Seal of Approval. :)

paula said...

My favorites are You've Waited and Walking the Wire and Not Here and Forever 17 just to name 4. It's ALL GOOD!!

Post a Comment

 
Persnickety Press. Design by Pocket